If you are planning on purchasing one of three different models of the 2014 Indian Chief Motorcycle, you will be purchasing more than just a motorcycle. Indian Motorcycle, backed their parent company, Polaris, will be including the Indian Motorcycle Assurance Program along with every motorcycle they sell. The Program ensures 2014 Indian Chief Motorcycle owners the utmost in ownership benefits, after-purchase services and customer support.
The 2014 Indian Chief Motorcycle line-up includes three models:
1. The Chief Classic – The most basic of the three models with an MSRP of $18,999. Even though the most basic model, keyless ignition, ABS and cruise control come standard.
2. The Chief Vintage – The bagger model has an MSRP starting at $20,999. Soft leather bags, leather fringe, a quick-release windshield and chrome accents encompass this motorcycle.
3. The Chieftan – The MSRP on this model is $22,999. The Chieftan has a molded front end with integrated taillights and a power windshield. The hard bags are made with a quick release system and remote locks. Technologically, Blue Tooth connectivity is available on the audio system and the motorcycle has a tire pressure monitoring system.
The Indian Motorcycle Assurance Program includes the following:
- Five years of coverage – Every new Indian will be backed with five years of coverage, a one-year limited warranty and an extended service contract. Coverage is subject to a $50 deductible but has no mileage limitation.
- Fly & Ride – This program lets buyers fly to an Indian Motorcycle dealer on any commercial airline, ride their new bike home and receive a $250 credit on their Indian Chief purchase.
- Guaranteed trade-in value – Two years after purchase, owners can bank on a guaranteed trade-in value of 70 percent of original MSRP. This drops to 60 percent after three years.
- Competitive financing – Indian dealers are offering financing rates of 3.99 percent for 36 months or 6.99 percent for 72 months from now through the end of 2013.
- Roadside assistance – Anyone who purchases an Indian Chief now through the end of 2013 will receive one full year of roadside assistance coverage, including emergency transport up to 100 miles at no cost, pickup and delivery (charges apply), fluids delivery, and jump-starting services.
Finally, Indian also is providing a Concierge Hotline available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for owners. Wonder if the other manufacturers will follow with the same perks.