American Honda Motor Corporation has just released the 2013 Honda Metropolitan Scooter. Boasting some great new features, you will be able to find this scooter at your local Honda Dealer for under $2000.
Here is an overview of some of the features you can expect to see on the new 2013 Metropolitan:
- A fuel-injected four-stroke motor that will get you an estimated 117 mpg with a 1.2 gallon fuel tank
- Front and Rear ten-inch wheels allow for great maneuverability and parking
- A locking storage compartment can hold nearly six gallons, plenty of room for running a local shopping errand. You can also keep a water bottle close at hand with an open-top storage bin inside the leg fairing
- You should stay local with this scooter as full throttle will only get you to 35mph, and going uphill it can drop to 25mph. This scooter is designed for efficiency, not speed.
- The front brake is on your right hand lever only; while the left hand lever offers linked front/back braking, which works quite well. Most riders learn to throttle with the right and brake with the left
- The 2013 model comes with three color choices: pearl white, pearl black or pearl black/red
- Honda Genuine Accessories available for this scooter include a rear trunk, rear carrier, rear trunk attachment kit and an outdoor cover
A great buy for getting around town and saving a little money on gas. American Honda Finance Corporation also offers great rates for financing; imagine how low your payment could be with a little money down.