Whether you are an experienced rider or new to motorcycling, Yamaha Motor Corporation’s Star division has a bike you should consider:
Yamaha V Star 950 (aka DragStar 950, XVS950) motorcycle (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
- Starting at an MSRP of $8499, the Yamaha V Star® 950 is a solid cruiser with a 942cc air-cooled V-Twin engine that can handle the open highway, back road curves or a daily commute with plenty of performance, power and acceleration.
- The low seat height is perfect for those just starting out and wanting to make sure their feet can plant firmly on the ground. Yet, there is plenty of room to stretch out when cruising down the highway. Even though the seat height appeals to beginners, with the larger displacement it’s not to small for the seasoned rider looking for a great economical choice.
- Right off the showroom floor, this bike looks great without the need for going over budget with a lot of customization, but Yamaha offers a large line of accessories to both customize and personalize the bike to the rider’s taste.
- With the belt drive, power transfers easily and efficiently to the rear wheel. Fuel Injection, Idling Speed Control, high-quality forged aluminum pistons and special rocker arms are just a hint at some of the advanced technology present on this bike.
- The Steel fenders are high quality, giving the owner a chance to modify the fenders. They can be cut, chopped or modified any way the owner imagines.
- The long wheelbase (66.3 inch) helps the handling of the motorcycle along with making it a roomier.
- Front Brakes are larger 320mm hydraulic disc, giving the bike strong linear stopping power, while the larger 298mm hydraulic disc rear brake contributes to excellent stopping performance.
- An estimated 47mpg with a 4.5-gallon fuel tank can take any rider distances without stopping for gas.
The color, paint scheme, tank-mounted meter, speedometer, fuel level warning light, oil level warning light, odometer with two trip meter functions and clock display round out this classic. Whether buying your first cruiser or upgrading your old one, check out the Yamaha V-Star® 950 at your local Yamaha Dealership.