Maybe you can’t afford that brand new Honda CBR600, but what you can afford are some upgrades to change the looks, performance or both. Here are some options you should consider if you are looking to upgrade your current ride without emptying your wallet.
· A Colored windshield. With various colors and manufacturers, you can surely replace that windshield at a very reasonable price. Most can be mounted with your stock hardware, so your only cost is the windshield and the time it takes you to install it.
· Frame Sliders. Colored, polished, carbon fiber, aluminum, engraved, there are quite a few options available when it comes to frame sliders. For as low as $20.00, you can buy a set of frame sliders to color match your bike and give your bike some added protection. Of course, if you want, you can find a beautiful set of carbon fiber sliders starting at around $200.00.
· Led Lights. These have become very popular in recent years. The lights look good and they help other people see you on the road. There is a vast range of kits available for every budget. Definitely consider the labor costs, these should be installed by a trained technician, as incorrect wiring can ruin your charging system, your battery or worse, your entire electrical system.
· Air Filter. An aftermarket air filter will allow your engine to breathe free and produce optimum horsepower. They may also never need replacement, as some brands are cleanable. You can easily replace a stock air cleaner with a better aftermarket cleaner starting at around $50.00.
· Exhaust System. A slip-on or full exhaust can vary greatly in price, but will add both performance and looks to your motorcycle. Keep in mind the installation on a slip-on will be much less than the install of a full exhaust, get a quote for the parts and labor when you begin researching your options.
· A Power Commander. A power commander can fine-tune your fuel injection system for optimum performance when you install an air filter or exhaust system. Some require the use of a computer, however, more recently they are being designed to change the settings without the use of a computer.
Enhancing your motorcycle, either cosmetically or its performance, can make you feel like you bought a whole new bike. So, when you’re thinking you want to trade in, but your budget won’t let you, consider some of these very reasonable upgrades.